For class Thursday,
bring your Writing True book.
You should read the opening to Chapter 13 on Portrait -- (and even consider the essays the text includes there and why they are considered portraits.) You should also read the essay "My Fake Job" which is in our resources in ctools. It is an example of a kind of profile, perhaps, (or a kind of event, a fluxus) but as profile, as you read, consider what you think Rothman profiles? What is shown and captured? What remains?
We are also going to look more closely at "Kingpin" -- so please give it another look, bring your copy in to class, -- and read it if you have not. It is an essay I will return to as we work on these profiles -- partly because because because-- I think we can pull some useful strategies from the way it is built and structured--and for some ways of talking about movement (flow... fluxus. Ok. I'm pushing it.)
I am reading more imitation essays tonight and following the fluxus thread -- awash in the essential questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment